All-new OCTAVIA iV and vRS iV
The all-new OCTAVIA iV and vRS iV will be available for customer ordering from Tuesday 3 November.
Pricing and technical information has been sent to residual value setters and data providers, so the relevant figures should start to filter into sales systems shortly. You can download our latest pricing and technical data files below.
Joining the iV family, the plug-in hybrid (PHEV) OCTAVIA iV will be offered with two power outputs, a 1.4 TSI iV 204PS DSG on SE Technology and SE L trims, plus a 1.4 TSI iV 245PS DSG on vRS, and are available on both hatch and estate body styles.
The vRS iV features the same powertrain as the standard OCTAVIA iV. With differently configured software, its two engines – petrol and electric – are able to deliver combined power of up to 245PS.
OCTAVIA iV features
On the outside, there are a few small details that distinguish the plug-in hybrid OCTAVIA iV from the standard version:
- 18-inch Vega Aero black alloy wheels (SE Technology and SE L trims)
- Charging socket cover on the front left wing
- iV tailgate badge
- E-noise generator – sits under the right front wing
On the inside the OCTAVIA iV comes with its own specific interior features:
- Shift-by-wire control (the iV version uses a DSG automatic transmission only)
- MODE button for selecting Driving Mode Select profiles (standard on all iV)
- Door sill covers
- A fuel aeration button in the drivers door
- Unique iV Virtual cockpit
- The boot floor is raised to accommodate the fuel tank under the luggage compartment – the boot volume is 450 litres for the liftback and 490 litres for the estate
- MODE 2 and MODE 3 charging cables in the storage compartment under the boot floor
- Tyre repair kit (there is no room for a spare wheel)
- 12 V battery installed under the boot floor, between the left wheel arch and the fuel tank
The OCTAVIA vRS iV also has a sports chassis, but with the same ground clearance as the standard OCTAVIA (143mm).
Charging the OCTAVIA iV
There are several options for charging the traction battery:
- UK three-pin socket
- Regenerative braking during normal driving (charging depends on the battery status and the driving mode selected)